How To - Transfer a Domain Name
Why transferring a Domain Name?
There may be several reasons why you would want to transfer a domain name:
-You are paying too much for your current domain name renewals. We are certain that you will save money on domain name renewals by transferring your domain to ForceDomains.com
-You want to have your domain name and web hosting at one location (makes it easier to manage)
-You are not happy with your current registrar
Transferring your domain name is regulated by ICANN and it may vary slightly from registrar to registrar. However, we will provide you with a detailed overview of the steps to complete a transfer.
We will call your new registrar “ForceDomains.com” and “Old Registrar” to your current registrar.
1. Go to your Old Registrar and make sure your administrative account information is current especially your email account, if not, update your information.
2. Go to ForceDomains.com to start the transfer of your domain name click here
Type the domain name you want to transfer below and follow the steps of the wizard.
Note: One of the steps of the wizard asks you about leaving your web hosting settings with your current hosting. We recommend leaving the setting with your old configuration; you can always come back and change them. If you decide to change them make sure you read how to switch to a new web hosting.
3. ForceDomains.com will send an email message to your administrative contact by the next business day to request transfer approval.
4. Go to your Old Registrar and follow the check list below:
A. Unlock the domain name you want to transfer
B. Some registrars require you to fill out a release form
C. It is recommended to backup your files from your web hosting to your computer
5. Your Old Registrar will approve the transfer and send you an Autorization Code via email to the administrative email contact, if requirements fulfilled.
6. If transfer is approved by your Old Register, ForceDomains.com will send you via email a TransactionID and a Code
7. Go to ForceDomains.com,
Login to your account
Click - Manage Domains
Click - Pending Domain Transfers
Select the Domain Name you are transferring
With the information provided in steps five and six input them accordingly
8. ForceDomains.com will send you an email message to inform you that the transfer is complete. Should the transfer fail, we will inform you.